About Seacliff Partners International, LLC
Ronald M. LaPedis, Managing Director
Mr. LaPedis is an NRA-trained Range Safety Officer, NRA-certified instructor, and certified Ruger and Glock armoer, is trained and licensed to carry in the state of California and dozens of other states, and is a member of ILEETA, the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association. He has participated in several tactical weapons classes and SWAT exercises and is a sworn volunteer member of the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office communications unit. He has written and spoken on physical security, active shooter incidents, and law enforcement engagement by private industry.
Mr. LaPedis has published many articles and has taught and consulted in the information security and business continuity fields around the world. He is a licensed amateur (ham) radio operator, instructor, and volunteer examiner. He is a member of the San Bruno Citizen Preparedness Committee, treasurer of of the FBI San Francisco Citizen's Academy Alumni Association, and is an ex board member of the San Francisco chapters of InfraGard and the Association of Contingency Planners (ACP).
Emergency response training includes:
- - Homeland Security Active Shooter Seminar
- - California EMA Intro to Emergency Management: Earthquake
- - California EMA SEMS Intro course
- - FEMA ICS-100—Introduction to Incident Command System
- - FEMA ICS-200—ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- - FEMA ICS-300—Incident Command System
- - FEMA ICS-700—National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- - Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Level I
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- - ILEETA International Training Conference 2014—First Reponders, Incident Commanders, and SWAT Know Before You Go
- - Spring World DRJ Conference 2012—Business Continuity In A Box
- - Continuity Insights Conference 2012—Developing a BC & Incident Response Plan
- - RSA Conference San Francisco 2012—Biometrics and Access Token Technology, 10 Years Later…
- - ISSA Silver Cloud of Success or Storm Cloud on the Horizon
- - RSA Conference Europe 2010—London, UK—The Consumerization of IT
- - RSA Conference Europe 2010—London, UK—How a PC-on-a-stick Solves Mobility Issues
- - HP Connect Summit—San Jose, CA—Will Full Disk Encryption Protect My Data?
- - Cornerstones of Trust 1010—Santa Clara, CA—Workforce Continuity
- - The Flash Memory Summit—Santa Clara, CA—How Secure is that Secure Flash Drive?
- - RSA Conference USA 2010—San Francisco, CA—The Consumerization of IT
- - American Society of Safety Engineers 2010—Workforce Continuity
- - Canadian HP NonStop User Group 2009—Toronto
- - British Isles HP NonStop User Group 209—London, UK
- - Australian NonStop User Group 2009—Sydney
- - HP Tech Forum 2009—Las Vegas—Will Full Disk Encryption Protect My Data?
- - HP Community Connect Europe 2009—Mannheim, Germany
- - RSA Europe 2006—Nice, France
Dan Chmielewski, Public Relations Consultant
Dan Chmielewski is our public relations consultant through our partnership with Madison Alexander Public Relations, Inc. Dan is a creative and experienced high technology public relations and marketing communications professional. He is also one of a shrinking number of industry professionals with actual newsroom experience having worked as a radio news director and anchor with stations in New York and as a freelance newspaper reporter and magazine article writer. This newsroom experience is one of the things that sets Madison Alexander PR apart from the competition.
With more than 20 years of experience, Dan has spent most his career working in enterprise networking and data security at large corporations such as 3Com and Data General, and working on large accounts at agencies with clients such as Lotus Development, Mitsubishi Mobile Computing, and Legent. In addition, Dan has worked with start-ups like Gradient Technologies and Moss Software, and held senior management positions with technology firms in Boston and Southern California. Dan's work in media relations has been honored by the Orange County Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). He received a PRSA President’s Citation for contributions to the practice of public relations and PRSA in 2002. Before starting Madison Alexander PR, he was director of worldwide public relations for Rainbow Technologies before its acquisition by SafeNet.
A writer at heart, Dan has considerable experience managing technology product PR programs through message development and strategy, to building strong news pipelines, managing comparative product reviews, and handling quarterly financial earnings announcements for publicly-traded companies. Dan has international PR experience as well, having managed PR programs throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America. Dan is featured in several textbooks on writing for publication and magazine article publishing written by John C. Behrens.
Dan and his wife Dawn, a reporter for the Los Angeles Times, were honored by Utica College's Raymond Simon Institute as 2007 Alumni of the Year for Professional Achievement. Professor Raymond Simon was one of PR Week's Top 100 Most Influential Professionals.